Latest from Twitter
All Tomorrow's Parties • New York • 2009
posted by theflaminglips - Oct 8, 2009 - 3 comments
It's a green monster in a circle saying "your mom's not dead, she's just tired." Message me if you have one.
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 30, 2009 - 0 comments
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 24, 2009 - 0 comments
The Colbert Report are playing the band's version of "Do you Realize" that they did for the studio audience that did not go to air, tonight. They will play a recording of the performance in tonight's show over a :40 to :45 second montage of clips from past Colbert Report episodes to the song on tonight's show.
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 17, 2009 - 2 comments
The Flaming Lips have confirmed that they will indeed play their hometown of Oklahoma City on New Year’s Eve, December 31, 2009, at the Cox Center. Tickets for the show will go on sale Saturday September 19th. Ticket prices range from $10, $20, and $25 (plus venue/transaction fees). Special Guests will be Oklahoma brethren and label mates STARDEATH AND WHITE DWARFS.
Tickets will be available at Ticketmaster and by phone at (800) 745-3000.
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 17, 2009 - 0 comments
Pre-order your copy of the brand new Flaming Lips studio album that releases on October 13th!
A Deluxe LIMITED Edition 2CD+DVD Set bundled with an exclusive lithograph is now only available to pre-order in the official Flaming Lips store.
$39.99 Custom designed by The Flaming Lips and George Salisbury, this Deluxe Edition includes:
*2 CD with 18 full tracks - over 70 minutes of music
*Bonus audio DVD of the album in its full dynamic range (96k 24 bit audio that has 256 times more resolution than a standard CD) - experience exactly what the band and producer hear in the studio!
*Digipack comes inside of a custom "fur" box with 24 pages of full color art, lyrics and band photos
*Exclusive lithograph featuring the Embryonic cover artwork - a limited number will be AUTOGRAPHED!
Also, ten fans that pre-order Embryonic from the Flaming Lips store will get a pair of tickets to the Flaming Lips New Year's Eve concert in Oklahoma City!
Stay tuned...a Mega Deluxe Embryonic edition that includes special vinyl is coming Winter 2009.
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 15, 2009 - 1 comment
I just wanted to let you all know that we will be performing on "The Colbert Report" this evening. You should all know of the show and watch it religiously like we do, but if you don't......it's on Comedy Central at 11:30 eastern time, 10:30 central.
I hope we do good.......
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 15, 2009 - 0 comments
On top of the band performing on The Colbert Report tonight, the brand-new double-album, EMBRYONIC will be available online to stream in its entirety for a limited-time only at www.colbertnation.com immediately after tonight's show through Monday, September 21.
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 15, 2009 - 0 comments
This Oct 24, The LIPS will once again host their annual MARCH OF 1000 FLAMING SKELETONS parade in downtown Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district, just a stones throw away from FLAMING LIPS ALLEY.
Last year’s second annual Ghouls Gone Wild event was a huge success that drew LIPS fans from around the globe. Naturally, this year’s Supernatural procession will be even more incendiary as festive floats, (in)appropriately adorned cars, walking groups and plenty of surprises along with 1000 strong undead snaking through the streets of Oklahoma City.
Here's a few things you should know before purchasing your bundle:
1. You can wear your costume from previous years and participate in the parade. If you choose this option you can purchase just the T-shirt and the torch for $20. All the same rules apply, you must be 18 and you can only use the torch that we provide.
2. 2009 Death March branded skeleton costumes come in 2 sizes: Standard and Large - this will be based on your T-shirt size choice. If you order a small or medium shirt you will get a Standard size costume or if you order a large or x-large shirt you will get a Large size costume. Each bundle comes with a torch and 2009 March of 1000 Skeletons event t-shirt. The shirts are available in sizes Small through X-Large so choose your T-SHIRT size at checkout.
3. You may only purchase 2 costumes. Every costume must be for a person so we need a person's name and e-mail address attached to each costume. You will receive an email from us if you order 2 so we can obtain the other person in your party’s name.
4. Every skeleton will be carrying a torch with real fire. Anyone in the parade must be 18. Anyone in the parade must sign a waiver.
5. You will be told at a later date when and where to be so be sure to enter a valid name, email, mailing address and phone number at checkout.
6. A person must have the ability to march in the parade for up to 2 hours.
7. If you do not show up at the assigned time to pick up your outfit and be in the parade you forfeit your fee and will not receive a refund.
8. There are no refunds.
It’s going to be lots of fun!!
~The Flaming Lips Crew
posted by theflaminglips - Sep 10, 2009 - 0 comments
The Flaming Lips will be playing dates in Europe this coming November with their beloved Stardeath and White Dwarfs. Tickets are now on sale.
Flaming Lips European Headline Dates with Stardeath and White Dwarfs:
Mon 11/09/09 - Brussels, Belgium - Ancienne Belgique
Tue 11/10/09 - London, United Kingdom - Troxy
Wed 11/11/09 - London, United Kingdom - Troxy
Fri 11/13/09 - Portsmouth, United Kingdom - Guildhall
Sun 11/15/09 - Glasgow, United Kingdom - O2 Academy Glasgow
Mon 11/16/09 - Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Academy
Tue 11/17/09 - Birmingham, United Kingdom - O2 Academy Birmingham
The Lips will be out this week! in the following markets:
Sept 4th - Estadi Olimpi, Barcelona Spain
Sept 6th - Electric Picnic, Ireland
Sept 7th - Parc des Princes, Paris France
Sept 9th - Nijegan, Holland Gofferpark