Want to join the discussion? log in (or register, if you don't have an account)
San Francisco Show, Oct. 31st
Okay, I'm just gonna throw this one out there.
Is anyone by any chance going to the SF show on Oct. 31st? If so, do you need someone to accompany you lol? Ya, I've never seen the Lips live before, always wanted to, problem is I don't have anyone to go with.
If you're interested or in a similar situation as me, please let me know.
Aug 15, 2013 - 12:53am
I would (live in Seattle) but I've got doc stuff scheduled that probably wouldn't be good to bail out on. You should go even if by yourself. Tame Impala are amazing too!
Aug 17, 2013 - 2:53am
Haha, I might end up doing that actually.
Aug 19, 2013 - 11:15pm
Do it. You don't need anyone to go with. Just an open attitude. I'm sure you can meet people there if you want. Actually it's often easier meeting people and more exciting when you go alone. Either way, it will be fun. Wear a costume if you like.
There's a film showing afterwards in case you don't know: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=588482167868994
Aug 24, 2013 - 9:14am
I went to the Big Sur show solo in 2012. Flew down from Portland. You're never alone with other fans!
Dec 7, 2013 - 9:16am
I wouldn't have minded meeting the OP if I had seen this post earlier.
Dec 15, 2013 - 6:32pm
Went to see The Flaming Lips.
* At the start of the show, the singer was dressed in a white dress, and a girl came up to him and poured blood over his head. This was a Carrie parody.
* They didn't play for very long, just under 1.5 hours. Same thing happened in 2010.
* They played a very slow version of A Spoonful Weights A Ton.
* They didn't hand out laser pointers or have the singer crowd surf in a giant plastic bubble, like in 2010.
* The crowd was better in this show than in 2010, but that's probably to be expected from a Halloween Night crowd. The crowd in 2010 was also good, it's just there was even more energy in this show.
The Halloween theme for this show was fun, and the crowd was good. But I enjoyed the laser pointers and the plastic bubble from 2010 a little more. I do wish they'd play longer shows.
1. Halloween Theme (John Carpenter cover) (Wayne dressed in white dress and blonde wig, Miley Cyrus look alike poured blood over his head))
2. The W.A.N.D.
3. Virgo Self-Esteem Broadcast
4. Silver Trembling Hands
5. Look...The Sun Is Rising
6. The Terror
7. Race for the Prize
8. Try to Explain
9. Gates of Steel (DEVO cover)
10. Butterfly, How Long It Takes to Die
11. Turning Violent
12. A Spoonful Weighs a Ton
13. Do You Realize??
14. Always There, In Our Hearts
Dec 15, 2013 - 6:32pm
log in to post
don't have an account? make one here
upcoming tour dates
Calgary, AB, Canada
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Burlington, VT, USA
Grand Point North
San Diego, CA, USA
Nashville, TN, USA
SoundHarvest Music Festival
Dallas, TX, USA
Tauranga, New Zealand
McLaren Valley Music & Arts Festival